- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do
- not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook and stir
- over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Cook
- over medium-high heat without stirring until syrup is golden, about
- 5 minutes; remove from the heat.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream over low heat until small bubbles
- form around edge of pan. Gradually stir cream into syrup (mixture
- will boil up). Cook and stir over low heat until blended. Stir in
- butter until melted. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Pour over brownies to within 1/4 in. of edges. Sprinkle with chips
- and nuts. Bake at 325° for 5 minutes (do not let chips melt
- completely). Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 4
- hours. Lift out of the pan; remove foil. Cut into bars. Yield: 20
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 349 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.