Caramel Ice Cream Sauce
In Reno, Nevada, Julee Wall berg stirs up this delightful dessert sauce on the stovetop. With its smooth texture and yummy taste from brown sugar, it's terrific drizzled over ice cream.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the
- cream, water and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted. Serve warm or cold
- over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without ice cream) equals 96 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.