Caramel Ice Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the cream, water and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted. Serve warm or cold over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1 cup.
2 tablespoons (calculated without ice cream) equals 96 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Caramel Ice Cream Sauce
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.