Before I cut these bars into triangles, I usually trim the edges so all the cookies look the same. My husband and daughter love this part because they get to eat the "scraps." —Dawn Burns, Lake St. Louis, Missouri
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil, letting foil extend over sides by 1 in.; lightly coat foil with cooking spray. Arrange graham crackers in prepared pan; sprinkle with marshmallows.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spoon butter mixture over marshmallows. Sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Bake 14-16 minutes or until browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Using foil, lift cookies out of pan. Cut into triangles; discard foil. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Caramel Heavenlies in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p27
Reviews for Caramel Heavenlies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review