Caramel Glazed Salmon
Your kids don't like fish? Try a touch of sugar. This Caramel Glazed Salmon recipe has a brilliant combination of brown sugar and Dijon mustard. —Athena Russell, Florence, South Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and cayenne; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, butter and dill.
- Place salmon skin side down on a greased broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in.
- from the heat for 5 minutes. Brush half of the glaze mixture over
- fillets. Broil 7-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with
- a fork, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 351 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a