Caramel-Fudge Chocolate Cake Recipe
To satisfy the chocolate lovers in our family, I added hot fudge topping and chocolate chips to a caramel-covered dessert that's quite popular in our area. The moist cake layer is a breeze to prepare using a boxed mix...and the rich toppings make it especially decadent. -Karen Stucky, Freeman, South Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately poke holes in the cake with a meat fork or skewer. Spread caramel and fudge toppings over cake. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Frost with whipped topping. Sprinkle with toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC