- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately poke holes in the cake with a meat fork or skewer. Spread caramel and fudge toppings over cake. Cool on a wire rack.
- Frost with whipped topping. Sprinkle with toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Caramel-Fudge Chocolate Cake
"I've made this before but I didn't add the chocolate chips in the mix. I'll have to try that. This is extra rich but so good. It always goes fast when I make it. We always call it "Death by Chocolate"!!"
"So easy and so yummy! This is a great cake for a potluck. The flavor combination is delicious!"
"Wow! This cake was amazing and everyone loved it! This recipe is so easy - definitely a keeper!"
"This was too sweet and too good!!!! Love this recipe!! Yummy fudge and caramel! I used triple chocolate fudge cake mix.......do this!! So good!!"
"It's a keeper!Re: To lebs3607, entirely too sweet? Did you not look at the recipe before you made it, or did you just say you made it? Duh! If you made it, you know it consist of choc. chips, caramel, hot fudge, choc cake mix, what gives you a clue that it will be sweet? Please stop leaving your rude comments. We all know that it will be sweet and yummy. You shouldn't of made it in the first place. What texture were you looking for? No, please don't tell us."