- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately poke holes in the cake with a meat fork or skewer. Spread caramel and fudge toppings over cake. Cool on a wire rack.
- Frost with whipped topping. Sprinkle with toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Caramel-Fudge Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"Wow! This cake was amazing and everyone loved it! This recipe is so easy - definitely a keeper!"
"This was too sweet and too good!!!! Love this recipe!! Yummy fudge and caramel! I used triple chocolate fudge cake mix.......do this!! So good!!"
"It's a keeper!Re: To lebs3607, entirely too sweet? Did you not look at the recipe before you made it, or did you just say you made it? Duh! If you made it, you know it consist of choc. chips, caramel, hot fudge, choc cake mix, what gives you a clue that it will be sweet? Please stop leaving your rude comments. We all know that it will be sweet and yummy. You shouldn't of made it in the first place. What texture were you looking for? No, please don't tell us."
"This cake is a real classic. I've served it many, many times. I don't know how many times I've shared the recipe. I've substituted crushed Butterfinger candy bars, M & M's, Reese's pieces or chocolate peanut butter cups for the toffee bits with the same tasty results! Yum!"
"I cut this recipe out of the magazine in 1999. It is a 'keeper'. The caramel and hot fudge soak into the cake and make it super moist. The cool whip topping for icing is the perfect choice. I used English toffee w/ chocolate already in it instead of toffee and mini chips on top (Heath Bar brand)."