Caramel Fudge Cheesecake Recipe
It's hard to resist this chocolaty cheesecake with its fudgy crust, crunchy pecans and gooey layer of caramel. I combined several recipes to create this version that satisfies both the chocolate lovers and the cheesecake lovers in my family. -Brenda Ruse, Truro, Nova Scotia
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch-square pan size)
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes (leave oven on).
- 2. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with milk. Pour over brownie crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate. Pour over pecans. Return pan to baking sheet.
- 4. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC