Caramel Fudge Cheesecake
It's hard to resist this chocolaty cheesecake with its fudgy crust, crunchy pecans and gooey layer of caramel. I combined several recipes to create this version that satisfies both the chocolate lovers and the cheesecake lovers in my family.
-Brenda Ruse, Truro, Nova Scotia
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch-square pan size)
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread into a
- greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at
- 350° for 20 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes
- (leave oven on).
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with milk. Pour
- over brownie crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted
- chocolate. Pour over pecans. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire
- rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool
- 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12