- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch-square pan size)
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes (leave oven on).
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with milk. Pour over brownie crust; sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate. Pour over pecans. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Fudge Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Absolutley delicious! I made this for Easter (and actually made it gluten free) and had people request the recipe so they could make it the next day for a get-together!"
"This was absolutely delicious...my family raved over it...and even though my brownie was not completely done...that was the best part because of the fudginess! I will definitely be making this again!"
"I was very disappointed. This was made for a Christmas party and when I pre-cut the cheesecake before the party, I found the brownie crust was still raw! I am not an inexperienced baker so I'm not sure why everyone else raved about this recipe. Fortunately I had some cookies on hand to take to the party."
"I made a big mistake to cheat. I tried to substitute caramel for caramel ice cream syrup. BAD move! This was very good. Took it to work for a birthday. Everyone of course loved it. Can't go wrong with chocolate."
"Very good ! Next time I will cook the brownie just a little longer and maybe not use quite as much caramel. It was a hit at the birthday today"