Caramel Fudge Brownies
"These brownies are so rich and yummy, you'll never guess they're lightened up," relateds Priscilla Renfrow of Wilson, North Carolina.
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 Eggland's Best Egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 jars (2-1/2 ounces each) prune baby food
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 9 tablespoons reduced fat-whipped topping
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In
- a large bowl, beat eggs whites and sugar. Stir in prunes, vanilla
- and chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to
- chocolate mixture just until moistened.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 30-32 minutes or until
- the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares; drizzle with caramel topping
- and dollop with whipped topping. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 251 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 170 mg sodium,