- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, milk and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium. Do not stir. Cook for 3-6 minutes or until bubbles form in center and syrup turns amber in color. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting achieves spreading consistency. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Caramel Frosting
Sort By :
"This frosting is really rich and delicious; however, I found that I had to make three recipes in order to frost a three layer jam cake. The cake has to be frosted quickly because the frosting begins to thicken to an un-spreadable consistency. I simply reheated with a little more butter and milk to continue spreading. It's not the best looking cake I've ever made, but, it will taste good. Will I use this again? Yes."
"I loved brown sugar frosting. This was great!"
"Very good frosting, enough for 12 cupcakes!!"