Caramel French Toast
"This delicious breakfast has been a favorite of mine for years," raves Sherri-Jo Capodiferro of Brightwaters, New York. "I like that I can assemble it the night before. I try to keep my mornings as simple as possible since I am a night owl and not a morning person!"
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 3 slices white bakery bread (1 inch thick), halved
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to
- a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange bread over caramel.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, vanilla, cinnamon and salt;
- pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 894 calories, 42 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 422 mg cholesterol, 1,213 mg sodium, 109 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.