Caramel French Toast Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 3 slices white bakery bread (1 inch thick), halved
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange bread over caramel.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Caramel French Toast(12)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe to incorporate into breakfast rotation. Easy to make the night before so can concentrate in the morning on coffee, fruit, breakfast meat to go with it. I thought 2 servings was quite liberal until I saw how fast two people scarfed it down. Pan cleaned up very easily. Only thing I would do different is turn it upside down on the plate (didn't read about that until after breakfast).
I absolutely loved this recipe, and I wouldn't change anything about it, the flavor was there and it was nice and moist. I even used homemade white bread which just made it even better
What an incredible treat to have for breakfast on the weekend. Basically, this was SO DELICIOUS that I cannot wait to make it again. Flipping the bread over into the sauce after baking was a great idea!
I have made this a couple of times. The first time I followed the recipe exactly and the second time I thought I would cut back on some of the liquid, the vote was, follow the recipe exactly, it was too dry without all the liquid.
Some great tasting French Toast!! I always use 2% milk instead of half & half. We have made it several times and always after it's done baking we flip the pieces upside down so the caramel filling is sitting on top of the bread. My Favorite recipe for french toast!!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >