Caramel French Toast Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 3 slices white bakery bread (1 inch thick), halved
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange bread over caramel.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Caramel French Toast
Sort By :
Very good. Will do again.
This is a great recipe to incorporate into breakfast rotation. Easy to make the night before so can concentrate in the morning on coffee, fruit, breakfast meat to go with it. I thought 2 servings was quite liberal until I saw how fast two people scarfed it down. Pan cleaned up very easily. Only thing I would do different is turn it upside down on the plate (didn't read about that until after breakfast).
I absolutely loved this recipe, and I wouldn't change anything about it, the flavor was there and it was nice and moist. I even used homemade white bread which just made it even better
What an incredible treat to have for breakfast on the weekend. Basically, this was SO DELICIOUS that I cannot wait to make it again. Flipping the bread over into the sauce after baking was a great idea!
I have made this a couple of times. The first time I followed the recipe exactly and the second time I thought I would cut back on some of the liquid, the vote was, follow the recipe exactly, it was too dry without all the liquid.