My brothers can't get enough of this caramel dip. We gather around the table, dipping pieces of pound cake and fruit until the fondue pot is clean!
Leora Miller, Milford, Indiana
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pound cake and assorted fresh fruit, cut into pieces
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, sugar, corn syrup, butter
- and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat until a candy thermometer
- reads 234° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly. Cool to
- 220°; stir in remaining cream. Bring to a boil. Remove from the
- heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with pound cake and
- fruit. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 162 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.