My brothers can't get enough of this caramel dip. We gather around the table, dipping pieces of pound cake and fruit until the fondue pot is clean! —Leora Miller, Milford, Indiana
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pound cake and assorted fresh fruit, cut into pieces
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly. Cool to 220°; stir in remaining cream. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with pound cake and fruit. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Caramel Fondue in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p192
Reviews for Caramel Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
"I can't even make this wrong! I love it and use it all the time. Great for apples and bananas!"
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2011
"Excellent! Wanted to eat it with a spoon!"
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2010
"wonderful fondue it is on our list for every year we make it!"