My brothers can't get enough of this caramel dip. We gather around the table, dipping pieces of pound cake and fruit until the fondue pot is clean! —Leora Miller, Milford, Indiana
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pound cake and assorted fresh fruit, cut into pieces
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly. Cool to 220°; stir in remaining cream. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with pound cake and fruit. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Caramel Fondue in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p192
Reviews for Caramel Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
"I can't even make this wrong! I love it and use it all the time. Great for apples and bananas!"
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2011
"Excellent! Wanted to eat it with a spoon!"
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2010
"wonderful fondue it is on our list for every year we make it!"