Caramel-Filled Chocolate Cookies Recipe
These yummy chocolate cookies have a tasty caramel surprise inside. With pecans on Top and a contrasting whit chocolate drizzle, they're almost too pretty to eat! —Deb Walsh, Cabery, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (13 ounces) Rolo candies
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- 2. Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each candy, forming a ball. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and pecans; dip each cookie halfway. Place nut side up 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 256 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC