Caramel-Filled Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (13 ounces) Rolo candies
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- 2. Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each candy, forming a ball. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and pecans; dip each cookie halfway. Place nut side up 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 256 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Caramel-Filled Chocolate Cookies
"I rated this recipe a 5 because of the taste. They are delicious but, they are not easy to work with. Putting them on a wire rack could make a mess if the caramel oozes. I found using parchment paper works better. I just lift the paper with the cookies, place on wire rack and cool them that way. I then placed them in the fridge for a short time to harden up the white chocolate glaze. I did not use the Pecans as we do not care for nuts. This is fabulous cookie."