- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (13 ounces) Rolo candies
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each candy, forming a ball. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and pecans; dip each cookie halfway. Place nut side up 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel-Filled Chocolate Cookies
Sort By :
"I rated this recipe a 5 because of the taste. They are delicious but, they are not easy to work with. Putting them on a wire rack could make a mess if the caramel oozes. I found using parchment paper works better. I just lift the paper with the cookies, place on wire rack and cool them that way. I then placed them in the fridge for a short time to harden up the white chocolate glaze. I did not use the Pecans as we do not care for nuts. This is fabulous cookie."
"Incredibly Easy and Fun to make! Easy clean up and most of the ingredients are already in your pantry! Recipe made enough to share and still left a few to keep to enjoy with my family!"