These yummy chocolate cookies have a tasty caramel surprise inside. With pecans on Top and a contrasting whit chocolate drizzle, they're almost too pretty to eat! —Deb Walsh, Cabery, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (13 ounces) Rolo candies
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each candy, forming a ball. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and pecans; dip each cookie halfway. Place nut side up 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Caramel-Filled Chocolate Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p109
Reviews for Caramel-Filled Chocolate Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review