- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peeled apple, optional
- In a large skillet, heat the butter, brown sugar and water to boiling. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Meanwhile, combine the dumplings ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls into the simmering sauce. Cover tightly and simmer for 20 minutes. Do not lift lid. Serve warm with cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Dumplings in Country Woman September/October 1991, p37
Reviews for Caramel Dumplings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2012
"Very quick and easy! and SOOOO Tasty. I served this at a dinner party and it was a big hit! Who knew you could make dumplings in a caramel sauce."