Caramel Dumpling Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch each nutmeg and salt
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring water and 1/2 cup brown sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and milk just until blended. Stir in the remaining brown sugar. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Drop by spoonfuls over sauce.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Spoon into dishes. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 723 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 138g carbohydrate (107g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Caramel Dumpling Pudding
"This is so YUMMY!!! I make it ell the time during the cold months. My family can not get enough!"