- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch each nutmeg and salt
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Ice cream
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring water and 1/2 cup brown sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and milk just until blended. Stir in the remaining brown sugar. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Drop by spoonfuls over sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Spoon into dishes. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Dumpling Pudding in Reminisce Extra February 2001, p52
Reviews for Caramel Dumpling Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2009
This is so YUMMY!!! I make it ell the time during the cold months. My family can not get enough!