Caramel Custard Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, cook and stir 3/4 cup sugar over low heat until sugar is melted and golden. Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups, tilting to coat bottom of cup; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining sugar until combined but not foamy. Pour over caramelized sugar.
- 3. Place the cups in two 8-in. square baking pans. Pour boiling water in pans to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
- 4. To unmold, run a knife around rim of cup and invert onto dessert place. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 259 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Custard
"I had trouble with theccaramel sauce solidifying yet i kept to the recipe. I notice this is a common failure with caramelnsauces , any suggestions"
"This was very easy and yummy! It looks like an elegant dessert - thanks!!"
"The best part of this yummy dish is its only four simple ingredients which most people usually have on hand. We make this in our home quite often since its quite simple and taste so good."