Caramel Custard Pie Recipe
Here’s a traditional custard pie that’s been in our family for over 100 years. A fun layer of caramel jazzes up the creamy old-fashioned flavor. Great with whipped topping! —Roger Clapper, Delavan, Wisconsin
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Combine brown sugar and flour; press into pastry.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt; pour over brown sugar mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack; sprinkle with nutmeg. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 277 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Custard Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC