Caramel-Crunch Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and additional chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, walnuts and butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of pastry shell. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, extract, cinnamon, salt, mace, ginger and remaining brown sugar until blended; stir in cream.
- 2. Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Garnish with whipped cream and additional walnuts if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 466 calories, 33 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Caramel-Crunch Pumpkin Pie
"Tastes more like egg nog than pumpkin pie otherwise very good. I think a thicker layer of the caramel crunch would be better too."
"I have made this recipe for a couple of years now, every Christmas and one Thanksgiving. It is the BEST pumpkin pie I have ever had. Thank you. I will use this one for many years to come."