- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, walnuts and butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of pastry shell. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, extract, cinnamon, salt, mace, ginger and remaining brown sugar until blended; stir in cream.
- Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional walnuts if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Caramel-Crunch Pumpkin Pie in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p36
Reviews for Caramel-Crunch Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2015
"Tastes more like egg nog than pumpkin pie otherwise very good. I think a thicker layer of the caramel crunch would be better too."