Caramel Crispy Pops
Ordinary rice cereal treats are fine for everyday, but the holiday calls for something a little more special. I dress them up with caramels and peanuts, then pop them on a stick to create a pleasing pop!—Linda Boufton, Dalton, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 12 Popsicle sticks
- Unwrap caramels; place in a large heavy saucepan. Add milk; cook and
- stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir
- in cereal and peanuts.
- Press into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cool. Cut into 12
- bars; gently insert a Popsicle stick into each bar. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 12 pops.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pop equals 233 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.