Created by our Test Kitchen, these lovely, homemade crepes with a creamy caramel filling are a cinch to whip up with a flavor guests are sure to rave about.
- 6 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 6 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons plus 6 teaspoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a blender, combine the milk, egg substitute, butter and vanilla; cover and process until blended. Add the flour; cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Lightly coat a 6-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into center of skillet; lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry and bottom is golden; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter. Stack cooled crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 3 tablespoons caramel topping until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon down the center of each crepe. Drizzle with remaining caramel topping; roll up.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine raspberries and wine. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until warm. Using a slotted spoon, place berries over crepes. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Cream Crepes in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p53
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Caramel Cream Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review