Caramel Cranberry Bars Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, dates, pecans and 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and remaining sugar. Stir in butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, place the remaining flour in a small bowl. Stir in caramel topping until smooth; set aside. Sprinkle cranberry mixture over crust; drizzle with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Caramel Cranberry Bars
"I have made these several times, but they have never come out bubbly? I have a feeling they would be much better if the cranberries burst and bubbled. What a I doing wrong"
"These are fantastic, nothing to change in this recipe!!! Yummmmm"
"AWESOME! I've made these many of times, every place I share them, they LOVE them.Healthy ingredients too."