Caramel Cranberry Bars Recipe
“My mom created this wonderful dessert after tasting something similar,” writes Debbie Kersh in Springtown, Texas. The sweet bars boast a tangy cranberry flavor.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, dates, pecans and 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and remaining sugar. Stir in butter; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, place the remaining flour in a small bowl. Stir in caramel topping until smooth; set aside. Sprinkle cranberry mixture over crust; drizzle with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Cranberry Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC