Caramel Covered Banana Fritters
"This is my family's favorite twist on a banana split," says Heidi Duquette of Morrisonville, New York. "It's delicious on a warm summer night."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 4 large firm bananas, cut into quarters
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and chopped pecans, optional
- Place flour in a small bowl. Combine egg and soda; stir into flour
- just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Coat banana
- pieces with batter. Fry bananas, a few at a time, for 1 minute on
- each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Drizzle with caramel topping. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream and
- pecans if desired. Yield: 4 servings.