Caramel Covered Banana Fritters Recipe
"This is my family's favorite twist on a banana split," says Heidi Duquette of Morrisonville, New York. "It's delicious on a warm summer night."
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 4 large firm bananas, cut into quarters
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and chopped pecans, optional
- Place flour in a small bowl. Combine egg and soda; stir into flour just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Coat banana pieces with batter. Fry bananas, a few at a time, for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Drizzle with caramel topping. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream and pecans if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Banana Fritters in Country Woman August/September 2007, p36
Reviews for Caramel Covered Banana Fritters(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Doughnuts >
- Mother's Day Doughnut Recipes >