Caramel Corn with Nuts Recipe
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Cook and stir until candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). Remove from heat; stir in baking soda (mixture will foam). Quickly pour over popcorn and mix well; stir in nuts.
- Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Bake at 200° 45 minutes, stirring once. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Caramel Corn with Nuts(7)
Sort By :
I have made this for the last two Christmases for gifts, but I have to make extra because we eat so much of it before it is packaged. I am thinking I might make it for Halloween also.
YUM!! This recipe is simple to make and tastes just like Fisher's popcorn we get at the beach in Ocean City, MD. Makes great Christmas gifts.
I started making this last year and will make this every Christmas. This is easy and delicious. My only issue is that the caramel doesn't stick really well to the nuts, so most of them end up settling in the bottom of the container. I like it without nuts too, so I may just leave them out completely from now on.
I have been making this recipe for years. BUT quite a few years ago I stopped cooking the caramel mixture on the stove top. I just put the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup (I use light corn syrup) in a microwavable container and nuke for 2 minutes, stir and then nuke for 2 more minutes. I don't use salt either. This way is so easy and you don't have to stand over the stove and stir.
I add in toasted pecans but any toasted nut is good.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Halloween Appetizers >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >