Caramel Corn Treats
A funky-fun twist on traditional Rice Krispie squares, these are a cinch to make and will delight the kiddies.—Cathy Tang, Redmond, Washington
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups caramel corn
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
- 1-1/4 cups Reese's pieces, divided
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the caramel corn, pretzels, crackers and 1
- cup Reese's pieces. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt
- marshmallows and butter; add vanilla and stir until smooth. Pour
- over pretzel mixture; stir until well coated.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Sprinkle with remaining
- Reese's pieces; press lightly. Let stand until set. Cut into bars.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 161 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.