Caramel Corn Puffs Recipe
Dawn Fagerstrom of Warren, Minnesota says kids and adults find these sweet and crunchy puffs habit-forming. "They make a perfect late-night snack and travel well when you're on the run."
- 1 package (8 ounces) popped popcorn
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 2. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda; mix well. Pour over popcorn and mix until well coated. Pour into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight container or plastic bag. Yield: about 4-1/2 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 270 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC