- For caramel, combine sugar, corn syrup and butter in a large
- saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil gently for 4 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat;
- gradually stir in milk.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until a candy thermometer reads
- 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly. Remove from heat;
- stir in vanilla. Pour over prepared crust. Refrigerate 2 hours or
- until caramel is set.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut into
- 3-1/4x3/4-in. bars. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until
- smooth. Dip bars in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a
- waxed paper-lined sheet; refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 candy bar equals 246 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.