Caramel-Coated Spiced Nuts Recipe
“A friend gave me these nuts in a jar as a gift. They were so delicious, I asked for the recipe and have made them ever since. They are always very well received.” —Carol Sankovic, Canfield, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:15 servings
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1-1/2 cups roasted salted almonds
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup whole salted cashews
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and water until foamy. Add the almonds, pecans and cashews; stir gently to coat. Combine the brown sugar, pie spice and pepper; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
1/3 cup equals 280 calories, 20 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC