- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1-1/2 cups roasted salted almonds
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup whole salted cashews
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and water until foamy. Add the almonds, pecans and cashews; stir gently to coat. Combine the brown sugar, pie spice and pepper; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews for Caramel-Coated Spiced Nuts
Sort By :
I have made these so many times! They're easy and taste so good, they are a family favorite I make them every year. Last year I made them and sent them to my son who is in the army, I made them for all his friends and they were very well received I need to make them again this year!
Make it often. Goes over great as a gift.
The recipe sounded better than it tasted. Was very disappointed.