Caramel Chocolate Trifle Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 package (7-1/2 or 8 ounces) English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for an 8-in. square baking pan. Cool on a wire rack. Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- 2. Cut cake into 1-1/2-in. cubes. Place half of the cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl or large glass serving bowl; lightly press down to fill in gaps. Top with half of the whipped topping, pudding, caramel topping and toffee bits; repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 349 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Caramel Chocolate Trifle
"Had at a dinner group and went over well. Better have a REALLY deep bowl - or trifle bowl. It will be very full!"
"I made this for a Manager's meeting at work and everyone loved it. I came home with an empty trifle bowl. Thanks for the awesome recipe. ( :"
"My family loves this trifle, I have to make it every Mother's Day or Father's Day. Instead of making brownies I buy the Two Bite Brownies from the grocery store and i don't use dessert topping I use real whipped cream. Everybody always has seconds the bowl is always empty!"
"Made it today and everyone loved it. It's a do over for sure!"
"I've been making this for years now but instead of using a cake mix I use brownies. Super delicious & everyone loves it-the bowl is always empty!!!!"
"Made it for a birthday treat for a teacher at school. Everyone in the lounge thought it was delicious and loved it! Lots of requests for the recipe."
"Awesome, so easy. Made lots of friends serving this delilghtful treat"
"i've made this recipe a few times and everytime the bowl is clean!!! sooo good and easy to make :)"
"I made this recipe for a family gathering.It was a big hit. I was asked for the recipe again and again."
"I served this for dessert tonight and everyone raved about it. I was finally able to use my trifle bowl that I bought 8 years ago! I used 8 oz. of the whipped topping, which was more than enough."
"The best chocolate trifle I've had. I suggested it for my cousins wedding, and they used it. I put the layer of carmel after the cake so it soaks into the cake a bit. You don't want the carmel as the top layer if you're transporting it, it makes a sticky mess."
"I took this to a church dinner group and everyone loved it. I didn't modify the recipe at all. I would make this again!"
"This is great my daughter want this instead of a birthday cake I am using brownies instead of cake both ways awesome"
"This recipe, totally unchanged, is requested by people in my church for potlucks. Right now I am making one for a youth fundraiser! There is never any left. I have even caught older women in the church wiping out the bits left with their index fingers! This is definitely a top-knotch recipe!"
"I used toasted chopped pecans instead of the toffee bits. It was awesome! My family and friends loved it, and kept wanting more."