Caramel-Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
This pleasing pie satisfies my family of chocoholics! It's quick and easy to prepare, yet special enough for company. —Betty Thompson, Zionsville, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreo cookie crumbs (5 cookies)
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 20 caramels
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt caramels with 1/4 cup cream over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Spread evenly over crust. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with remaining cream. Drizzle over the caramel layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before
- 3. serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 327 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC