Caramel-Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
This pleasing pie satisfies my family of chocoholics! It's quick and easy to prepare, yet special enough for company. Betty Thompson, Zionsville, Indiana
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreo cookie crumbs (5 cookies)
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 20 caramels
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, melt caramels with 1/4 cup cream over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Spread evenly over crust. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with remaining cream. Drizzle over the caramel layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before
- serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Caramel-Chocolate Pecan Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p72
Reviews for Caramel-Chocolate Pecan Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2010
Very good and rich; it is more like candy than pie, though. Sort of like turtles.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pecan Pie >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Chocolate Pie >