- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 7 ounces caramels (about 25)
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, toasted pecan halves and chocolate curls, optional
- Place pecans in crust. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir caramels and evaporated milk until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring several times. Pour over pecans; refrigerate.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, marshmallows, chocolate chips and butter; cook and stir over medium heat until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over caramel layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with additional whipped topping, pecans and chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Caramel Chocolate Mousse Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p140
Reviews for Caramel Chocolate Mousse Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2008
1. Can this be frozen after cooked to get a jump start on Thanksgiving Prep.?
2. Can I use fat free cool whip frozen topping instead?
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Mousse Pie >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >