Caramel Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- 2 packages (5-1/2 ounces each) Riesen's chewy chocolate-covered caramels
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Cubed pound cake, sliced bananas and fresh strawberries
- 1 cup nut topping
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt caramels with cream over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in extract.
- 2. Keep warm. Dip cake and fruit into fondue, then into nut topping. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 335 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Chocolate Fondue
"easy and the whole family loved it!"
"Oh you guys...unless I can control myself...I'll be putting on a couple of pounds! :-)"
"WOW!I used the leftover to make a chocolate strawberry shortcake."
"the recipe has changed since I wrote my comment. This was not a review; as you can see I didn't give it any stars. Just questioning the recipe. Don't be so hard on people that ask questions."
"You people need to read the entire recipe before you write a review. They are all very self explanatory. READ READ READ"
"Hi Cal, but SO good! Once in a while won't hurt!!!!!! Yummy!"
"Sorry, now I see. Dip into fondue and then into nut topping. Sounds good!"
"Seems like it could be pretty tasty. As for the whipping cream comment, it states 'melt caramels with cream over low heat'. But for the nuts...no clue."
"melt caramels with cream over low heat, Dip cake and fruit into fondue, then into nut topping"
"the recipe doesn't seem complete. What about the whipping cream and the 1 C nut topping?"
"Would it be okay to use this in a chocolate fountain?"