Caramel Chocolate Cookies Recipe
"I'm noted for my Christmas cookies, and this recipe is my absolute all-time favorite," says Joan Williams of Eatontown, New Jersey.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 caramels, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- Chopped pecans, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg, milk, chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape rounded tablespoonfuls of dough around caramel pieces. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, chocolate, corn syrup and enough water to achieve desired spreading consistency. Frost cookies. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 87 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Caramel Chocolate Cookies
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2009
"Excellent cookies!! Great taste and fun to make!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC