Caramel Chocolate Cookies Recipe
"I'm noted for my Christmas cookies, and this recipe is my absolute all-time favorite," says Joan Williams of Eatontown, New Jersey.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 caramels, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- Chopped pecans, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg, milk, chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape rounded tablespoonfuls of dough around caramel pieces. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, chocolate, corn syrup and enough water to achieve desired spreading consistency. Frost cookies. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 87 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Caramel Chocolate Cookies
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2009
"Excellent cookies!! Great taste and fun to make!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC