- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 caramels, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- Chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg, milk, chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until easy to handle.
- Shape rounded tablespoonfuls of dough around caramel pieces. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, chocolate, corn syrup and enough water to achieve desired spreading consistency. Frost cookies. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Caramel Chocolate Cookies
Sort By :
"I found this recipe several years ago in a TOH magazine and have been making them every Christmas since. I like having a pretty decorated chocolate cookie on my Christmas cookie tray. My family loves the caramel surprise!"
"Excellent cookies!! Great taste and fun to make!!"