- to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir
- in brown sugar and milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook
- and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool to room
- Beat in enough confectioners' sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons filling onto bottoms of half of the cookies;
- cover with remaining cookies. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich cookie equals 213 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.