These cookies are more cake-like; a nice change from the more common chewier chocolate chip cookie. I've been known to add a little peanut butter to the filling too. —Lauren Reiff, East Earl, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 35 Cookie Recipes You Need in Your Collection
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/3 to 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, then honey and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Beat in enough confectioners' sugar to reach desired consistency. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons filling onto bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Caramel-Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p42
Reviews forCaramel-Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2013
"These were yummy. Took them to work and everyone loved them."