Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Bites Recipe
- 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 36 pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1. Coat 36 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray; generously coat each with wheat germ. Set aside.
- 2. In large a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cocoa; mix well. Beat in eggs and vanilla just until combined. Spoon 4 teaspoons into each muffin cup.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until set. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks. Cool for 30 minutes and refrigerate. (Cheesecake may sink in the center upon cooling.)
- 4. To serve, top each with a pecan half. Microwave caramel topping on high for 10 seconds or until soft. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon over each. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (two mini cheesecakes) equals 147 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.