- a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking
- soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour
- cream. Add cooled chocolate mixture; beat on medium speed for 1
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for
- 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine the brown sugar, milk, butter and salt in a
- large heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- constantly. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234°
- (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; cool to lukewarm. Transfer
- to a small bowl; beat in confectioners' sugar, cream and vanilla
- until mixture achieves spreading consistency. Frost cake. Garnish
- with pecans. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 487 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.