- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 14 ounces caramels
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 3/4 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into prepared crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt caramels with milk over low heat; stir until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Cool to room temperature. Remove rim from springform pan. Serve cheesecake with caramel sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Caramel Cheesecake
Sort By :
Am i able to make these individually? Meaning in small cupcake mold forms? Pls help it really will help me.
This cheesecake is one of the easiest and tastiest I have every tried! I also added a chopped Heath bar to the topping. Thank you for sharing!
Shake things up a bit with the crust and used crushed biscotti (chocolate, macaroon, or almond)! Also, I double the recipe to achieve a taller cake
Very easy to make and tastes excellent! We made this cheesecake for the first time last night and won a cheesecake contest with it today!
Yummy! This cheesecake is really good. I love every aspect of it - the crust, the cheesecake filling, and the caramel topping. I often use pecans instead of walnuts because I more typically have those on hand. I have sometimes also drizzled some chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce over the top of each slice as well, in create a turtle cheesecake-type flavor.