Caramel Cereal Treats Recipe
“I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on these bars,” writes Laurie Lingenfelter from Nevada, Iowa. Even her husband’s friends at work request the sweet, crispy treats.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + standing YIELD:40 servings
- 8 cups Sugar Smacks cereal
- 1-3/4 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cereal and peanuts; set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, milk and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 2. Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat. With greased hands, pat mixture into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chips stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Drizzle chocolate over caramels. Let stand until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC