- 8 cups Corn Pops
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, combine cereal and peanuts; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Immediately pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 14 cups.
Reviews for Caramel Cereal Snack Mix
Sort By :
Lip smackin' good. Great sweet / salty combo. Made as is, no changes.
I made this and took it to work for the Christmas party there and to wife's families house for Christmas Eve and everyone at both places loved it. Will definitely make this again.
Delicious! I used Crispix cereal and added pretzel sticks as well.
This was easy to make and my Husband loved it. It is good to have with around the Campfire. Will make it again.
Make this with Crispix cereal and it it fantastic. I also use mixed nuts or cashews instead of peanuts. I pour the gooey mixture over the cereal mixture and microwave in paper bag for like 2-3 min. then spread on waxed paper to cool. Delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >
- Nut Recipes >
- Nut Snacks >
- Party Appetizers >
- Peanut Recipes >