To give these pretzel rods the fun flavor of s'mores, I sometimes use mini marshmallows and coarsely crushed graham crackers in place of the cashews.—Joanne Wright, Niles, Michigan
Recommended: Chocolate-Covered Pretzels
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 24 pretzel rods
- 3 cups chopped salted cashews or chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- 4 ounces white candy coating, melted
- In a microwave, heat caramels and cream on high for 2-3 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring after each minute. Stir until smooth.
- Break pretzel rods in half. Dip the broken end two-thirds of the way into caramel mixture; allow excess to drip off. Roll in cashews. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until set.
- Drizzle dark chocolate over dipped portion of pretzels; chill until set. Drizzle with white coating; chill until set. Store in airtight containers or wrap in cellophane gift bags and tie with a ribbon. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Caramel-Cashew Pretzel Rods in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p101
Reviews for Caramel-Cashew Pretzel Rods
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review